Dividing up the property acquired through a relationship can be a difficult task. In order to make this process easier and without litigation the parties can agree to do a property settlement. A property settlement is simply a written agreement between the parties prepared by your legal adviser that can cover the financial settlement after separation, superannuation entitlements, financial support and other financial issues.

These agreements can be prepared between the parties. However, in order to be legally binding they require the Family Court’s consent. The consent is in the form of a document called Consent Orders that is filed with the Court.

If you are not able to come to an agreement then you can start proceedings in the Family Court of the Federal Magistrates Court (for less complex matters) for resolution of the matter by the Court. We would be happy to discuss the costs involved in either of the options. Please give Pamela Holiday a call or use our contact form.

With Aaron Legal you get care and personal attention. You get a high degree of expertise and you get a result you can live with.

Enquiry Form